Thursday, January 01, 2009

It's A Long Wait

Long wait for two things... First a long wait to my new update of 2008, although it's a bit late since it's 2009 right now. And another long wait for my Street Fighter 4 game, which I'm still waiting for it to happen in Feb... and did I mention that I hate to wait??




Usually I will end the year by highlighting the blog posts for each year that I found interesting, but sadly I can't do that for 2008 as there are no interesting blog post at all. Hmmm..... In fact there are not much postings in the first place. :P

So just to keep myself entertained, here's a list of movies that I'd watch for the year 2008.


1) Coverfield (Good marketing, average movie, motion sickness)
2) Kungfu Dunk (Mostly for Jay Chou fans)
3) CJ7 (The alien is cute, but Stephen Chow is losing his touch)
4) Ah Long Pte Ltd (Entertaining)
5) Rambo (All the blood splattering are censored, and what for?? Come on it's Rambo~!!)
6) Death Note: L Change The World (Not that good. Maybe I got too much expectations)
7) Meet the Spartans (I came, I saw, I laugh but don't remember much of it)
8) Jumper (One of my favourites for this year, surprisingly)
9) 10,000 BC (Quite a bit of bullshit, but entertaining value is good)
10) Rule #1 (Quite a load of bullshit, no entertaining value)
11) Horton Hears A Who! (It's good, better than Bolt)
12) The Orphanage (More touching story than a horror one)
13) Three Kingdoms (Entertaining)
14) Shutter(US) (The original Thai version is still the best)
15) Street Kings (Very predictable)
16) Forbidden Kingdoms (Entertaining, but why did the Sparrow always refer to herself as the third party??)
17) Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (The first one is better, but the second one is quite good too)
18) Iron Man (Highly entertaining, one of my fav for 2008)
19) Speed Racer (Too colourful)
20) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Not better compared to the previous ones)
21) The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (Boring to me... entertaining to kids)
22) Kung Fu Panda (Its good, better than Bolt)
23) The Happening (This movie is not happening at all. Except for the first 10 mins, it sucks)
24) The Incredible Hulk (This movie lose to Iron Man)
25) Get Smart (Entertaining but predictable)
26) Wanted (Nonsensical)
27) Hancock (Good twist in the story...But I expect some powerful villians and stuff)
28) Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (Making the elf prince to be more sinister will be better)
29) Red Cliff (Draggy. Not bad for a Chinese movie)
30) The Dark Knight (I waited years for this movie. This is my No.1 movie for 2008)
31) The Mummy 3 (Entertaining)
32) Midnight Meat Train (Surprising ending but is it suppose to be horror or sci fi??)
33) The Clone Wars (More appealing for younger audiences)
34) Wall-E (It's good, better than Bolt)
35) Eagle Eye (Entertaining)
36) 20th Century Boys (It's the same as the comic, which I think is good)
37) Max Payne (Whole lot of shits... Playing the game blindfolded will have more entertaining values)
38) Babylon A.D. (Quite boring stuff)
39) Topic Thunder (Highly entertaining, Tom Cruise is good~!!)
40) Saw V (Good. Same as previous ones, leave more questions for the next movie to answer)
41) Quantum of Solace (The first car chasing scene, and the rooftop chasing scene....speechless)
42) Bolt (It bad........... too bad)
43) The Day The Earth Stood Still (No expectations, no disappointments)
44) Ip Man (Good. Though not accurate, it's good)
45) Yes Man (Not link to Ip Man, but still as good. Jim still haven't lost his touch)


The lists does not includes series and DVDs that I've watched, and compare to previous years I really cut down a lot of time that I'd spend in the cinema.

So before I end this post, I like to wish all of you out there a Happy New Year, with peace and good health to you and your families. Happy Holidays~!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

All the best to you and your loved ones as well!